Thursday, June 2, 2011

New venture ...

So here I am .. back again!

I was originally on a quest for completing a full marathon. I've done about 7-8 1/2 Marathons, and NEEDED to raise the bar. I went to a Team in Training information session and was determined to do a Full Marathon .. 26.2 Miles.

Talked to a few people, and nearing the end of the night, ended up talking to Steve ... and yup ... he promised to get me to the finish line .. just go ahead and sign on the dotted line .. for a 1/2 Ironman. Argh .. what did I get myself into?

Visit my page http://pages.teamintraining.org/dm/somatri11/ggazmin if you want to find out anymore on this program.

Anyway, first run practice was last Thursday and we ran 5 miles. I didn't have any issues, except for the 95 degree weather. Who runs in that heat? I'm used to being up and hitting the pavement at 4:30am, when its nice and cool out.

Last night was the first team swim. I'm terrified of the swim, as I don't do much of it. Actually .. lies .. I don't do it at all. I know enough to survive, but not to be continuously doing laps after laps after laps. Got in the pool last night, and I surprised myself. I eneded up doing about 25 laps last night (a rest after a couple of laps of course to catch my breath). I'm sure with the coaching from Steve, he'll get me there ... I have 5 more months ... I may be in decent shape.

Here we go ...

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! So excited you are doing this. Can't wait to cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete