Thursday, April 15, 2010

Back from a 2 month hiatus ...

Okay ... got the groove back ... and finally settling into my crazy schedule.

Work is getting pretty busy and with some newly added responsibilities, it's been pretty draining. To add to it, working as a massage therapist on weekends, I think the workload is finally catching up to my energy level (okay, I never thought I'd say that ... b'coz I 'always' have excess energy).

It's been almost 2 months since my race in Sedona and to be honest ... the training has gone down the toilet. A run here, and a run there, just doesn't cut it. I've postponed my full marathon (that was supposed to be in early May), to possibly the Vegas Marathon in December, or might opt out for a duathlon instead near the end of the year.

I've been riding my bike again, more and more ... and have always contemplated a duathlon (no tri's ... don't really swim well enough for that). This past Sunday, I was out for a 2 1/2hr ride, through downtown Phoenix (wow, so peaceful in the early hours of a Sunday morning). Small baby steps ... we'll slowly get back to proper training !!!

Pat's Run this weekend ... a quick 4 miler ... hoping I'll be okay for this one !!!

Wish me luck ...

No comments:

Post a Comment